Friday, February 29, 2008

Don't really know where to start







Well, here it is. I am officially blogging and I don't know what to say. Ranger had a great 6th birthday and if I can figure out how to, I will post some pictures. He just finished playing basketball so we have a few months of no weeknight practices and free Saturdays. It won't last long, Danner is chomping at the bit to get back into Tball. Lucky for me, we missed Spring registration so it will be Fall before he plays again.
Yay! I did the picture! Now I just have to figure out how to put it where I want it! Now that I have this site, I need to start taking more pictures!
Ranger is doing really good in Kindergarten. They are having weekly spelling tests and math tests. He does great, especially when I remember to study with him! He is just starting to read and gets excited when he reads his books. He also just lost his first tooth.
Danner is growing every day. I think he may outgrow Ranger before too long! He is finally big enough to drive the golf cart so he thinks he's big stuff. He likes to go with me to help at Ranger's school - there are 2 other boys the same age as him that he likes to go play with.

It has been 3 weeks since we started this journey with Tyler. Every day brings a new challenge, but it is slowly getting better. We don't know if we want to try again - I don't know how a pregnancy could ever be a joyous happy time after experiencing this type of loss that could occur again at any point. We already have 2 great kids so we aren't feeling the need to go through it again. The boys both keep saying they want a baby that we can bring home and won't get sick. (We told them he got sick and that's why he died) It makes me sick to think about it, but we'll see. They say it gets better with time. Anyway, I'm going to try to focus this blog mostly on Ranger and Danner, but Tyler is one of our kids too and I don't want him to ever be forgotten because he will always be here with us.

2 comments:

Donna Harriman said...

Well, Congratulations! I'm proud to be the first to leave a comment on your post. I'm so glad your doing this and hope you keep it up so we can keep up with the kids. I'm so glad you included Tyler and don't worry, he will never be forgotten! As far as trying again, I talked to one of my friends in radiology who lost a baby at 7 months. Her doctor told them the best healing power outside of God was to get pregnant again as soon as her body was ready. She said she disagreed but thought it couldn't be any worse than cause she had already been through the worst. She said she was scared right up until they delivered her daughter but it worth every sleepless night, every breathless moment when they would listen for a heartbeat and every time the baby went 30 min without moving. Personally, I hope yall do but its for purely selfish reasons. But even if yall don't, all of you will still be loved.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kara is a blogger now!!!! Now i have a way to keep up with you and the boys, since you don't like the phone very much. lol. I know this will be a tough time for all of you, but i think it will help to keep talking about Tyler. And yes I would love to see everything you ever got for your precious angel someday. You are one of my very best friends you always have been and you always will be. You will always have a special place in my heart. I just wish we could see each other more often. I do hope that you and Mark try again someday, but only when your ready. I think those boys need a little girl in the mix. I love you always:) Shay