Tuesday, October 27, 2009

6 months





Gunner is 6 months old today!!! He's 21.5 lbs and 28.5 inches long - the size of your average 8 year old - ok maybe not, but he is above the 95th percentile in both. He has discovered Pepper and man is she in trouble when he learns how to crawl!! He was petting her today and yanked out a clump of her fur, thank goodness she didn't bite him. She just turns around and flops her tail in his face and walks off. He thinks it's the funniest thing ever. He loves his daddy and has to have his full attention any time he's in the room. He also loves to watch Ranger and Danner wrestle. He still isn't sitting up on his own, but he can roll over from his back to his tummy. He's so spoiled (and fat) that I don't think there's much motivation for him to do more yet. It doesn't worry me though, I am enjoying every minute of his baby-ness because I know it won't last much longer! Because of his dairy intolerance, we haven't started real food yet, but I plan on starting soon. I made him a batch of fresh squash today that we're going to try tomorrow (maybe). His tummy seems to be doing better, but he still spits up a ton. He slept in his crib in his room for about a week, but then he got sick and I moved him back into our room where I think he'll stay for awhile - I sleep soooo much better with him closer to me.



Danner is finishing up Tball this weekend, then it's on to basketball for both of them after Christmas. I think I'm coaching Danner's team so that should be an experience - last year his team was all boys and they were nuts! Danner has done really good with Tball, I think the light finally came on this year and he knows what's going on. No more rolling around in the dirt, but he still loves to slide into home plate every time!
Ranger is reading really well and has a lot more confidence now. He used to pick up a book, and if there were more than 5 words on the page he would shut down and say it was too hard. I'm always surprised when he can pick up a book and read it. Now he's decided that he needs to teach Danner how to read. Mark let him ride the lawn mower by himself this week and now it's his favorite thing to do. I just wonder how long it will take until he figures out he's doing work!






No comments: